Spring in Sardinia is something everyone should experience at least once in their life.
I’ve put together a list of sheer delights for your eyes and your senses that you absolutely shouldn’t miss during the sweetest season on our Golden Isle.
- Sardinia in bloom – Spring is when Sardinia’s enchanting wild flowers are in bloom. The sight of a thousand colours against the backdrop of the sea is inspiring and absolutely priceless.
- A riot of scent – As perfumers have long known, Sardinia is full of unique, intoxicating scents. Open your car windows and find out what the fuss is all about.
- Far from the madding crowd – Spring in Sardinia means enjoying some of the most beautiful beach paradises in the world in joyful solitude. For real.
- On the third weekend of May, head to Sassari to join the cheerful Cavalcata Sarda festivities, a.k.a the Festival of Beauty.
- Take part in one of the many centuries-old rural festivals in honour of saints and patron saints. If I have to pick one, it’s the Madonna di Otti festival in the countryside around Oschiri in Northern Sardinia. I remember tasting the most delicious gnocchetti with tomato sauce there.
- Hiking – Spring is the perfect time to explore the most remote parts of our beautiful island on foot. Any direction will be the right direction! If you need suggestions though, here’s two: Monte Acuto summit hike, Hiking in Logudoro.
- The spring calendar abounds with religious events everywhere in Sardinia. Don’t miss the Holy Week festivities starting on Palm Sunday before Easter, for example Sas Prammas in Desulo. Also note down St Anthony’s festival and Madonna dei Martiri in Fonni the month of June.
Leave a Reply