What to see in Pattada?
A tiny village in Logudoro (the Golden Place) bordering the Goceano region, Pattada is the highest municipality in the province of Sassari, with an altitude of 800 m in town, and over 1,000 m in Mount Lerno.
This is a place of character. In the winter, the surrounding mountains glow with snow. I’ve I been in Pattada many times and I always recommend it to visitors.
Here’s a list of must-do’s in Pattada:
1) Visit the pine grove, a dense pine and fir wonderland.
2) See Lake Lerno: the artificial water basin originated from a dam built in the 70’s. It now sits beautifully in the mountainous landscape.
…And what to do in Pattada?
3) Do you like hiking or trekking? Enjoy a hike, trekking or a walk on Mount Lerno: a number of paths take you around the highest mountain in the area (1,090 metres), past archaeological ruins, including a nuraghe, ponds and Alp-like landscapes populated by mouflons and Sardinian deers. Or take your bike (you also can rent it) and enjoy Monte Lerno!
Pattada is world-famous for Sa Resolza, the traditional folding knife.
4) Visit a knifemaking workshop: Pattada is world-famous for Sa Resolza, the traditional folding knife. There’s a dozen knifemaker workshops in the village, and a private museum with knives from all over the world. Every second year, the town comes alive with the biennial knife festival.
5) Take a look at a violin making workshop: Pattada is also home to violin makers. Two local artisans produce real work of arts that have been recognized beyond the borders of Sardinia and Europe. Arrange a view with Giannangelo Regaglia. It will be a fantastic experience!
6) Explore the old town to view typical granite houses and Art Nouveau buildings.
7) Experience the local food: at Lo Chalet restaurant, we received a warm welcome and we could enjoy a beautiful view over the pine forest. The food was delicious. We tried a platter of sophisticated appetizers, a main dish from the local tradition with a touch of original innovation, soft wild boar meat and excellent pane fino flat bread. A feast of beauty and taste that we totally recommend!
Ristorante Pizzeria Lo Chalet, Viale Guglielmo Marconi, Pattada – Mobile phone +39 3491283715
Massimo Manca knife workshop, Via Bellini, 1 Pattada – Mobile phone +39 3409247211
La Bottega del Liuta violin workshop, Via Monte Zebio 1 Pattada (SS) Angelo Regaglia – Phone +30 079756044 – www.angeloregaglia.it
Leave a Reply